Saturday, June 6, 2009

Zombie Love

Once your arms would have held me
in this darkest cold of night
I would not awaken frightened
alone, and closed in tight

Once my fingers would caress your skin
Now they dig this earth
the moon the only witness
to my macabre rebirth

Once my feet knew these roads quite well
once I danced under this moon
now I shuffle, and trip, and stumble along
and I barely make it through

Once your lips spoke vows of love
and I believed them to my core
and my rotted flesh pays a desperate price
to fulfill those oaths you swore

Once my soul would long for you
And the blood rushed through my veins
though my life has ended now
my hunger for you remains

Once we loved in the brightest sun
Now I come in the deepest dark
To awaken you with the sweetest kiss
and offer you this heart

Once your voice sang the softest words
as I drifted off to dreams
Why now love, when I have come so far
do I only hear your screams?

No comments: