Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sweet Natalie

There are things in this world I dare not contemplate.
The order of the universe, the measure of fate,
The absence of you. The death of me.
And the force that animates sweet Natalie.
Her long blond hair and sparkling brown eyes
Her quick dimpled smile , all sugar and lies
Her sweet disposition and lazy grace
all hide the mischief I see in her face.
She cooks. She gardens.She never yells.
She never complains. She never tells.
She nods at strangers, she smiles at cats
And im never really sure what to make of that.
I would like to tell her to clean her room
but im afraid it would end in my doom
There are unknown stains deep in her floor
that might be from the one who told her before.
Her black and white dog is often with bones
He finds them outside, and then brings them home.
But she's never surprised and just says " bad dog"
Then she ruffles his fur and gives him a hug.
She keeps a "work" bag full of knives and duct tape
a hammer, and rope, and a black hooded cape
I thought I saw bones deep in its depths
But I could have been wrong about that, I guess.
Theres a strange light in her eyes when she leaves for "work"
She says the pay sucks, but there's lots of cool perks
and while i am not sure of her job, or the need of her tools.
Im never going to ask, Im not that much of a fool.
There are things in this world I dare not contemplate.
the order of the universe, the measure of fate,
The absence of you. The death of me.
And the force that animates sweet Natalie

No comments: