Thursday, December 24, 2009

missing you...

The wind is howling outside .Rain glitters my windows and slicks the walk. Cold is drifting in through the tiny cracks in the walls I havent yet repaired. It will soon snow , cleansing the dirt from the pavement and dust from the roof. It will also erase my hope of seeing you soon. But somehow, though I miss you desperately, my heart is not broken by this. I think that today I am too busy being grateful that my bed is soft and dry, my stove is warm and full, and that my child is healthy, happy and greatly loved. I am here. I am alive. And I am close by. And yes, I wish I was in your arms, in your bed, but I AM in your life, and that is what matters in the end.

1 comment:

Jezebel said...

what matters, it IS everything, isn't it?

Your words really touch me. Thank you for sharing.