Saturday, August 20, 2011

Me


I am a contradiction.
  I fit no molds
    no labels.
no preset ideas
of what society expects
 I wear scuffed up shoes
   and holey jeans
Concert tshirts
  with collars ripped at the seams
But my toes are always precisely painted
     and my bra and panties match
even if no one will ever see
   the ones I wear.
Im likely to climb trees
    without notice
or wear a ballgown to grocery shop.
   I'll put purple streaks in my hair
 or shave it all off
       if I get bored.
I love to be silly,
             and refuse to act my age
But Im probably one of the smartest people
   you will ever meet..unless you
want to discuss politics.
     I have befriended kings and rock stars
and the bum on the corner
   who always asks for a dollar, and then
gives me back a dime.
   I prefer my socks to be white
and brand new
 My clothes to be black.
and worn out
   My friends to be colorblind
and ageless.
Peace is what i aspire to,
But I will kiss danger
        straight on the lips
and leave smears of my lipgloss behind.
I love my music loud
   when I'm happy
soft and meaningful
    when I am sad
Pulsing, and throbbing
       when I dance
...and stuff.
But silence has a beauty
that cannot be described.
    Just like me.
Yes, I am a contradiction.
I fit no molds
   no labels.
I am not ever
    what society expects
I am unique,
       priceless.
and I am
very happily
me.

©personal property of Vivid X Photography ( me circa 2007)

9 comments:

Laena said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE THIS!!! All the things I already knew I loved about you without really knowing them about you, but I knew... you know?

Really, though, I love this. And I love the attitude it communicates. That carefree... really living life... being silly, because, why not?... taking risks... wanting peace... just being you... attitude! I LOVE THIS!!!

max xavier said...

Thank you,Laena! I believe we should all revel in our unique beauty and tell society ( and mass media) what it can do with its standards and expectations.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
max xavier said...

You think? You aren't quite sure? You want me to check for you??

;D

Anonymous said...

No ma'am that's quite alright, I'm sure now! I just wasn't done when I typed the comment. It's been awhile you know?

max xavier said...

I'm kind of disappointed, I was looking forward to checking it out for you...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry in view of the public okay?

max xavier said...

It's ok, really. I'm sure another opportunity will come along, eventually ;-)

Storiastone said...

I enjoyed this, very creative.