Tuesday, August 9, 2011

To You, and New Beginnings..


Unpacking a box tonight,
     memories
from a different life
 I caught your scent.
My heart stilled.
  For a brief moment
I breathed you in
and remembered...
 a hotel room
pelted by freezing rain and wind
 and being warm and naked with you...
 a cool spring night
 sitting on a front porch
that didnt belong to either of us...
  laughing about nothing...
  talking about everything...
  Holding hands just to be touching..
Calling twice a day
 just to hear the voice on the other end.
         and sometimes
 just to listen to the closeness...
   and for the first time
 in a long time
I smiled with the memories,
  and set the pain aside.
I poured myself a glass of wine
 ( unpacking is thirsty work)
 and though I was alone
 I drank a toast to you
         and to new beginnings.
   And put the empty box away...

 ©Vivid X Photography ( New Morning)

No comments: