Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hope is a Razor..

Im drifting deeper into this abyss
And it is hope lighting the path
all the way into the depths
from which I will never return.
It is hope that fills my lungs
 with its suffocating dreams
keeping me walking when
I would have long given up
 this treacherous  road.
It is hope feeding my hunger
with morsels of faintest truth
fueling my faith to believe
in what may not be real.
 It is hope,
and its beautiful lies
leading me into
the very darkness
I am longing to escape

2 comments:

Laena said...

... and yet I continue to cling to that hope, believing somehow, it is hope that will lead me out again.

I can't let go.

You amaze me. This poem so perfectly describes my hope. There are times I feel exactly the feelings in this poem... like if I just gave up, I wouldn't feel the darkness anymore, I wouldn't be crying anymore, I wouldn't be longing and hurting... but then hope kicks in. And I start believing in "morsels of faintest truth" and clinging to "suffocating dreams"... but in the context of that hope, I see only the dreams, and the truths as absolute.

Hope is exhausting!


I love this poem.

max xavier said...

Hope is deceptive. The only truth is what you see in your hands.

That is the folly.

And yet, hope remains.


Thank you, Laena, for the lovely comment.