Friday, March 2, 2012

Not Lost...



 Emptiness

echos in this room.
Where once
      your laughter
  would ring loud
and clear
 the silence
  is deafening.
It bounces of
    walls
and penetrates
    my soul
leaving me cold,
  stealing my warmth
    the way death
stole you
  from this world.
  This pain robs me
of the brightness
    you brought into my life
and leaves me
in the darkness
  of a profound
     and devastating grief
But it cannot rob me
of the
    love
      you leave behind.
 So I wrap
this grief
    around my frozen heart
and warm myself
with thoughts of you.
  I will light a
   thousand candles
     in the hollow darkness
      and allow
the vastness of your
   memory to fill
the void your absence
    leaves behind
And I will revel in the
   knowledge
that you are not lost.
you have simply
   become part
of everyone
who ever
    loved you.

Kenn Duffy  3-5-91   2-26-12
  You are missed.

No comments: